Comox Valley Skating Club is offering a skating session for adults who would like to just learn to skate give Figure Skating a try.
In all skating sports whether it is Figure Skating, Hockey, Ringette, or Speed Skating, from recreational to international competitors, skaters continue to work on their basic skating skills. With that in mind, whatever your level, we will devote a part of each session to basics. This will allow the beginners the chance to learn these skills, and the more advanced to do some fine tuning.
Each session will be 60 minutes.
The format will be approximately as follows;
- All skaters warm up together, with each person moving at their own rate.
- 15-20 minutes doing instruction for individuals or small groups of similar level skaters.
- All skaters while not receiving instruction, will have a chance to practice on their own.
- 15 minutes learning and doing some of the basic Ice Dances.
- We will finish off with a group instruction, again each skater working at their own pace.
Whether you have skated in the past or never skated before, we hope you will join us.
Registration is easy, follow the link below to register online.